Until 1921 the residents of Gostyń belonged to an extremely large, at that times, parish of the St Adalbert Church in Mikołów. On 18 August 1935 a cornerstone for the construction of a new church in Gostyń was consecrated. A design of the church was drawn up by architect Affa from Katowice. St Apostle Peter and Paul were chosen for its patrons. Under a permit of Bishop’s Curia, the church was consecrated by Father Celestyn Rogowski, a Salvatorian from Mikołów.
In 1939 a new St Apostle Peter and Paul church was consecrated. Pastoral work was performed by a parish priest and a curate, simultaneously in both churches in Gostyń. A vast area of the parish was one of the reasons for issuing an edict by Bp Herbert Bednorz, PhD (on 9 December 1975) which divided the parish into two pastoral regions. The Eastern part with the St Apostle Peter and Paul church and the Western part with the Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross. Separate registers were kept in the parish of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, consisting of about 900 parishioners, since 1 January 1976. Accordingly, separate chaplaincies were formed in the two churches, while the parish priests acted independently from one another.
- Parish priest Jan Podsiadło